BIONIC EGG/CASE STUDY
TOPIC: Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
CLIENT: Martin Jobes Design
A well-designed website is important, but no matter how aesthetically pleasing your .com may be, it doesn’t matter if it’s not coming up in the top results pages on today’s major search engines.
In this case study, we will delve into the Internet presence and progress of Bionic Egg client Martin Jobes Design to give you some ideas on how to create an SEO strategy for your own website.
At Bionic Egg, we start out with an honest assessment of your website’s potential visibility along with an action plan to correct what’s wrong and ultimately optimize your website’s viewership and online accessibility.
Our client, Martin Jobes Design, had a site that was built by another firm seven years ago (in Internet years, that’s decades). The site was built using Flash (which, as you may know, is now defunct on all iProducts) and also contained copy/content that consisted of images (jpg) instead of HTML copy. Our first step was to redesign the site so that popular search engines like Google, Yahoo! and Bing could properly scan for content (images and Flash files cannot be scanned).
After launching the revised site, we needed to create a comprehensive SEO program. Because our client required results ASAP, we opted for the Bionic Egg Economy Plan which runs the client $480/month for 2 months.
BELOW IS A SCREEN GRAB OF WHERE MARTIN JOBES DESIGN APPEARED ON GOOGLE BEFORE WORKING WITH BIONIC EGG’S SEO STRATEGY:
AFTER TWO MONTHS OF WORKING WITH OUR TEAM ON SEO STRATEGY, THIS IS HOW MJD NOW APPEARS ON GOOGLE:
BELOW WAS OUR SEO STRATEGY FOR MARTIN JOBES DESIGN:
- Keyword Research : Researched the keyword searches and results of the client’s competitors.
- Onsite work Optimized/Added the client’s chosen Meta Tags, Description Tags and Keyword Phrases to every page.
- Server work, redirected previous Google indexed URLS to the new sites URLS (to not lose previous Google Ranking)
- Installed Google Analytics
- Installed Google Webmaster tools
- Created 25 Directory submissions
- Created 30 Social Bookmarks
- Created 10 Social promotions
- Created 2 E-zine Articles
- Created 1 Standard Article
- Created a Web 2.0 property (i.e. BlogSpot)
- Created 1 Press Release
- Created 5 Classified Ads
- Created Image Submission